San Diego Business Lawyer
Knowledgeable advice and aggressive litigation to protect your interests
Starting and maintaining a business requires more than a vision and determination. You need to understand the pertinent state, federal and local regulations and know how to resolve inevitable disputes. But rather than let gaps in your legal knowledge deter you, or expose you and your company to liability, you can rely on a San Diego business lawyer at the Law Office of Edward W. Freedman. For more than 15 years, I have helped entrepreneurs get started, businesses overcome impediments, and companies resolve conflicts in San Diego and throughout Southern California.
Personalized guidance for operations and transactions
The Law Office of Edward W. Freedman offers legal counsel to businesses on a wide range of matters, including:
- Formation — I provide guidance on every facet of business formation, including choice of entity, ownership and partnership agreements, shareholder agreements, tax planning, land use and zoning, and permitting.
- Operations — My advice helps you maintain compliance in such important areas as employment law, environmental law, and annual reporting.
- Growth — I facilitate your company’s growth through taxation planning, mergers and acquisitions, real estate acquisitions, and franchising.
- Winding down operations — If it’s time to transfer ownership of your business, I can help with a succession plan, business sale, or dissolution.
Before you make a significant transaction, consult me for sound advice focused on your business goals.
California business lawyer resolve disputes
When you are engaged in business, conflicts are inevitable. However, what often begins as a small conflict can rapidly accelerate into a serious dispute and expensive lawsuit, inflicting financial and reputational damage that can be difficult to overcome. The Law Office of Edward W. Freedman represents a variety of large and small business owners, contractors, partners, shareholders, and employees with the goal of quickly resolving disputes that have arisen. Situations I’ve successfully managed for clients include:
- Breach of contract — I have experience with issues ranging from failure to perform in construction contracts to allegations of fraud and misrepresentation.
- Collection cases — I pursue collections in a highly professional manner that complies with all applicable laws to recover payment as quickly and cost-effectively as possible.
- Corporate disputes — I handle a variety of corporate conflicts, including shareholder and partnership disputes, breach of fiduciary duty, and business oppression cases.
- Employment disputes — I represent plaintiff employees and defend companies in employment law disputes over a range of issues, including workers compensation, severance, stock options, discrimination, sexual harassment, wrongful termination, and whistleblower activity.
- Unfair competition — I handle cases alleging antitrust violations as well as infringements of intellectual property and theft of trade secrets.
I provide all of our clients with detailed, honest appraisals of their cases from the outset as well as a true estimate of cost and their chances of success. I am dedicated to protecting your financial interests and seeing cases resolved fairly and rapidly.
I work tirelessly to see that disputes are resolved without litigation and am often able to accomplish clients’ goals through negotiations, mediation or arbitration. However, if your case must go to court, I have the skills, experience, and determination to win.
Contact an experienced San Diego business lawyer today
The Law Office of Edward W. Freedman is committed to helping you achieve your business goals through beneficial transactions and aggressive litigation. Call me today at 858-223-7259 or contact me online to schedule a free consultation. My office is located at 4540 Kearny Villa Road, just off Route 163 at the Balboa Avenue exit.